Coaching & Mentoring
Coaches and mentors offer team members and clients a supportive and motivating environment to explore the potential of fulfilling their needs. By assisting the client in committing to action and by being a sounding-board to their experiences, coaching allows the individual the personal space and support their need to grow and develop. The coach`s key role is often assisting the client to maintain the motivation and commitment needed to achieve their goals.
In a changing environment at a workplace, individuals who are trained with the skills of effective coaching and mentoring are highly appreciated. Coaching can create a strong advantage to an entire company. By taking this course, you are investing in yourself and the company you represent.
· Provide highly effective coaching skills you can put into practice immediately
· Listening and responding skills
· Motivating and guiding
· Giving effective feedback
· Dealing with confidence issues
· Assisting with professional and personal development
· Facilitate the exploration of needs, motivations, desires, skills and thought processes to assist the individual in making real, lasting change.
· Use questioning techniques to facilitate client`s own thought processes in order to identify solutions and actions rather than takes a wholly directive approach.
· Support the client in setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals. Observe, listen and ask questions to understand the client`s situation.
· Creatively apply tools and techniques which may include one-to-one training, facilitating, counseling & networking.
· Encourage a commitment to action and the development of lasting personal growth & change.
· Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, which means that the coach is at all times supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
· Ensure that clients develop personal competencies and do not develop unhealthy dependencies on the coaching or mentoring relationship.
· Evaluate the outcomes of the process, using objective measures wherever possible to ensure the relationship is successful and the client is achieving their personal goals.
· Encourage clients to continually improve competencies and to develop new developmental alliances where necessary to achieve their goals.
· Work within their area of personal competence to bolster and refine those things that he/she does well.