Applications of System Thinking in Education
There are always better ways to do things. The way we do things now is based on how we THINK. Improving organizational and individuals performance starts at the THINKING level. This program will introduce you to the most advanced THINKING methodologies that represents the base for any quality system or performance improvement initiative in all types of businesses.
Program will be tailored to suit your business by addressing case examples and case studies that you could bring with you to the program.
This program targets professionals, engineers and managers. It is also a great opportunity for senior management to help them identify potential cost saving, productivity and safety improvement opportunities.
The program consists of the following Modules: -
Module I: Systems Thinking
- Methods of systemic thinking.
- The helicopter view.
- Understanding "systems"
- Systemic thinking as a strategic tool for managing performance.
- The new role of human resources in systems.
- Definition of "Thinking Organization"
- Definition of "learning organization."
- Why do some organizations did not succeed in becoming "Learning Organizations"?
- Learning organization basic attributes: - (Personal Mastery, Mental models, Shared vision, Team Learning & Systems Thinking)
- Definition of systemic thinking.
- Types of systems: open and closed.
- Model to understand current reality.
- How do you understand your organization as a "system."
- The hero and scapegoat model.
- The transition from the stage of making decisions based on personal opinion to the stage of making decisions based on "data."
- The impact of system design on human errors.
- The impact of mental models on the creativity, performance, quality and safety.
- An alternative view of human errors.
- Confusion between safety and reliability. A "Reliable" system is not necessarily a safe one!
- Performance and continuous learning through ABCD model.
- Understand of KPI's.
- Systemic thinking as a tool for creativity
- Quick Fixes model
- The transition from "problem-solution" to "preventive" strategies.
- How to select smart KPI's.
- What is Performance Management and why do we need it?
Module II: Performance Management through Systems Thinking & Balanced Scorecards
- Mixing System's performance management with HR’s.
- Why Balanced Scorecard is most popular among others?
- What is Balanced Scorecards?
- Understand the "proper" and "improper" uses of Balanced Scorecards.
- Negative consequences of using Balanced Scorecards to manage People's performance.
- How to implement Balanced Scorecards in business.
- What are strategy maps?
- How to Build successful strategy map using Balanced Scorecards.
- From vision to strategic objectives, strategic initiatives and KPIs.
- The art of selecting the right KPIs.
- The RISK of using the wrong KPI's with real example from local market.
Who should attend this program?
Business men and women
Those interested to join our Performance Improvement Train the Trainers program
Those interested to join our Balanced Scorecards Train the Trainers program
Examples will be used from the respective business area for participants. Please bring business cases and problems for possible implementation of these thinking methodologies.